Weavers of Chaos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Melting Pot Diner

2 posters

Go down

The Melting Pot Diner Empty The Melting Pot Diner

Post  Lockette Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:22 pm

I seem to have a roleplay sitting in my Magistream drafts...I guess I'll post it here.

You see a figure standing in front of a half built structure. It's a curious looking building. In the midst of all the metallic skyscrapers, it seems that a...wooden lodge is being built? You hurry towards it for a closer look, but in your haste, you bump into someone. You mutter an apology, and the person turns around. "Hi, I'm Ashley, the proud owner of the Melting Pot Diner. Come visit us once we're built, or even apply for a position here!"

Rules: Y'all know enough about roleplay, so only one rule is worth mentioning:
No magical powers/other species! I'm looking for some realism.

Positions:
Owner/Manager: Me, Lockette
Head Chef
Assistant Chef
Waiter/Waitress (3)
Dish Washer?

Weather Status: Overcast, 62° F

Time of Day: Early Morning, Monday

The time of day has nothing to do with what the actual time is. It simply helps with what you're supposed to be serving.
Early Morning: Staff arrives for work and get set up
Morning: Serve breakfast/coffee
Lunch: Serve lunch
Dinner: Serve dinner
Night: Roleplay off work hours

Everyone can only have one staff character, but unlimited customer characters. I guess instead of depending on magic/science fiction like a lot of roleplays do, I want some realistic drama. Well, not completely realistic. I want food poisonings, relationship drama, bad reviews by a food critic, delayed shipments of vital supplies, and just general mayhem.

The menu is whatever the chefs want it to be. Smile

Start: You flip through the newspaper, looking for job openings, half realizing that it's a futile effort. After all, with the arrival of the Internet, who posts wanted ads in the newspaper anymore? However, one ad soon catches you eye...

Is realistic fiction something that's ever going to catch on in the roleplaying world? Or should I just delete the draft and come up with something more...mainstream?

Lockette

Back to top Go down

The Melting Pot Diner Empty Re: The Melting Pot Diner

Post  SwnyTddObsd Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:35 pm

I can't read this carefully because I have to get offline at 11:30 and it's 11:34. but I will just say that realistic fiction is a big part of roleplaying. If you go to the chat board, there's a thread for Roleplaying Rabbit. If you go on the site and read through the memes and the ads from Site Whoring Sunday, RL roleplays are fairly popular, and there are many, many more RL and realistic fiction roleplays on sites like LiveJournal and more independent small sites. Roleplaying is suited for many and pretty much all tastes, but I have friends IRL who think my fantasy RPing is silly and refuse to take a look at RL RP sites on their own.
SwnyTddObsd
SwnyTddObsd

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum